Who We Are
EngageRocket makes workplaces better with people analytics. By providing insights on the overall health and employee experience of the workforce, we drive the right actions and behaviour for greater engagement and better productivity. EngageRocket is for every organization that wants to put culture first. By making it easy to collect, understand, analyse and act on employee feedback, we enable organisations to make better decisions, demonstrate impact, and turn company culture into a competitive edge.
The Opportunity at EngageRocket
We are looking for a driven Sr. Software Developer (Backend) to be part of our growing organization. The Sr. Software Developer is an active contributor to our agile team and will be largely involved in reviewing designs and responsible for ensuring that the platform is stable, scalable and secure.
- Provide technical guidance in software design and development activities
- Participate in planning activities, perform code reviews and contribute to a high performing team
- Be an active member of the product development team in planning new features
- Own component(s) of the platform and ensure that it meets quality standards
- Build quality software that conforms to engineering best practices. Write well-documented and easily readable code with automated tests.
- Stay updated in current and new technologies and recommend where appropriate
Candidates must have:
- Experience in RoR, GoLang, nodeJS, PostgresQL, Redis and any of AWS/GCP/Azure
- Strong knowledge and experience on both Relational and Non-relational database designs
- Proficiency with code versioning tools (specifically Git and Github)
- Experience with DevOps/TechOps
- Designed and deployed an API or microservice to production environment
- Excellent understanding of relevant technologies including HTTP, RESTful APIs, JSON, JWT, CORS, websockets, npm, application routing
- Experience in containerization and orchestration technologies
- Good communication in English
- Commitment to lifelong learning
Preferred candidates are those who have:
- Experience in event-driven architecture
- Developed tools to multiply effectiveness of the team
- Exhibited good judgement in recommending and adopting new technologies
Remote employment opportunities possible.