EngageRocket is Asia’s fastest growing software company that aims to create better workplaces with people analytics. We are looking for a driven, proactive Product Manager who will be responsible for managing our products, ensuring that EngageRocket becomes the leading employee feedback and analytics software in Asia Pacific. This role reports to the Chief Operating Officer.
As a company in the space of improving workplace engagement, EngageRocket takes pride in creating a team culture that is inclusive and conducive for personal growth and development. At EngageRocket, you can expect:
- Autonomy to make impactful product decisions
- Supportive team. Even the founders are easily accessible and pride themselves as not being blockers. We believe in the value of teamwork.
- Open and transparent communication. No bullshit, no politics.
At EngageRocket, we look to the Product Managers to help us discover and define the right products to build. This would require the Product Manager to dive deeply into understanding our customers, product and market.
The ideal candidate should:
- Dive into “why”: Always try to understand why a decision was made and what problem it was trying to solve instead of just accepting things as they are. You are able to ask the right questions to stakeholders and customers to understand the core issues at play.
- Focused and able to say “no”: You recognize that as a startup with finite resources, the team has to focus on what is most important. You are able to respectfully and compellingly communicate “no” to ideas and feature requests coming from management, peers and customers.
- Mindful of decision-making bias: You are acutely aware of the implicit assumptions in your decision-making process and are proactive in testing and validating these assumptions in the real world, be it through data exploration or conversations with customers. You actively seek alternative perspectives to uncover gaps in your understanding and reasoning.
- Skilled communicator: You are able to translate complex concepts into simple terms to get high-level alignment with the stakeholders. You are able to ask the right questions to understand the core issues and repeat it back to check that there is a common understanding. You are able to resolve incomplete, conflicting, or ambiguous inputs into a solid action plan.
- Proactive and takes ownership: You have a whatever-it-takes approach to ensure that your product and team are successful. You are able to discern when alignment is required and are not afraid to step into a high-level strategic discussion with the founders. You also understand the devil is in the details and you are equally at ease in an in-depth discussion with engineers to understand the technical trade-offs of potential solutions.
Activities you can expect to do as a PM:
- Own and manage the product roadmap based on an understanding of the strategic goals of EngageRocket
- Craft a compelling product strategy based on inputs from customer, Customer Success, Sales and Founders
- Work closely with Engineering, Data and Design to build the product solution
- Lead the problem discovery process through industry and customer research
- Hands-on in the software development lifecycle: detailing product requirements and acceptance criteria, conducting user acceptance testing, managing backlog etc
- Work closely with Data to setup a product analytics implementation plan
- Communicates proactively with other departments to provide visibility on product progress