Who We Are
EngageRocket makes workplaces better with people analytics. By providing insights on the overall health and employee experience of the workforce, we drive the right actions and behaviour for greater engagement and better productivity. EngageRocket is for every organization that wants to put culture first. By making it easy to collect, understand, analyse and act on employee feedback, we enable organisations to make better decisions, demonstrate impact, and turn company culture into a competitive edge.
The Opportunity at EngageRocket
We are looking for a driven Data Engineer to be part of our growing organization. The Data Engineer is an active contributor to our agile team and will be play a strategic role in developing our analytics platform.
- Design and develop scalable, reliable, secure and fault tolerant data systems and work on improving to deliver next gen systems
- Data engineering on the AWS platform, including tools like S3 and Redshift.
- Build readable, concise, reusable, extensible code that avoids re-inventing solutions to problems that you solved
- Best practice dimensional modelling techniques such as derived fact tables and type 2 slowly changing dimensions, and leveraging them in a business intelligence system such as Metabase / Tableau.
- At least 3-4 years of experience as a Data Engineer
- Strong coding skills in one of the following: Python, Scala
- Experience with NoSQL data stores
- Experience in SQL with an in-depth understanding of query optimization. You should also understand DDL very well.
- Excellent understanding of building data models for the target data warehouse
- Hands-on experience in any of the cloud platforms and having a thorough understanding of the cloud concepts are required.
- Experience with any automation/orchestration tool - Airflow, Kubeflow, Oozie, Luigi, Azkaban, Step Functions
- Must have an inherent talent of understanding data and its interpretation for end business users
- Ability to drive initiatives and work independently
- Good communication skills to be able to express one’s point to internal stakeholders concisely
Good to have
- Exposure to machine learning algorithms with implementation in practice
- Any big data or data engineering certification on any of the clouds
- Built an entire ETL pipeline from scratch
Remote employment opportunities possible.