Who We Are
EngageRocket makes workplaces better with people analytics. By providing insights on the overall health and employee experience of the workforce, we drive the right actions and behaviours for greater engagement and better productivity.
EngageRocket is for every organization that wants to put culture first. By making it easy to collect, understand, analyse and act on employee feedback, we enable organisations to make better decisions, demonstrate impact, and turn company culture into a competitive edge.
- Implementing code following software design patterns and best practices
- Designing and architecting high-level software solutions for product features
- Plan and execute team software development efforts
- Lead and organize team efforts to make improvements and/or resolve issues with existing software
- Manage and facilitate the growth of a team of juniors
- Provide a technical perspective when designing product features
- Look out for any opportunity for the team to improve what we do!
Who you are:
You have led software development teams and have experience influencing others. You advocate for technical excellence while being open to change when needed. You have the ability to develop and execute a technical vision with a focus on business value. You possess a positive attitude in the face of challenge and difficulty and you are committed to lifelong learning. You have the ability to explain complex technical issues in a way that non-technical people may understand.
- Building backend web services using Ruby on Rails, with automated regression tests
- Writing and inspecting relational database queries (we use PostgreSQL)
- Breaking down complex product requirements into well-groomed user stories
- Implementing and managing asynchronous solutions (we use Sidekiq)
- Investigating and solving performance issues and bugs
- Designing APIs for front-end web consumption
- Working with codebases on Git/Github
- Modern JS toolchains (we use webpack)
- React Native
- Designing and implementing distributed systems and microservices on cloud computing platforms such as AWS
- Visual communication of software architecture/design with diagrams