Chief Technology Officer (CTO)
The CTO is responsible for establishing the company's technical vision, leading the execution of the product roadmap and all aspects of the company's technology development.
This position is responsible for providing direction in all technology-related issues. The CTO plays an integral role in setting the company's strategic direction, development and future growth, positioning the company's service offering as a leader in the HR Tech industry.
We are looking for a strong and proven technology leader with expertise in leading and managing people as well as the full software development cycle that includes multiple products, quality assurance, product management, related infrastructure and DevOps.
The ideal candidate will provide sound technical leadership and communicate with internal stakeholders and customers to ensure the company's technology is used appropriately and optimally. Strategy, technical vision, forward thinking and strong business acumen are essential in this role.
The CTO should display dynamism, high-energy, credibility and excitement particularly in leading a high-performing and expanding team, in planning for and execution of an aggressive product roadmap that includes SaaS and first-in-market platforms, and in creating & adding value to widening the array of customers.
Experience in providing and deploying enterprise SaaS software solutions B2B is highly preferred.
Culture and People
- Manage all matters relating to hiring, recruiting and developing talents in EngageRocket
- Build a good culture that emphasises excellence in all aspects of technical development. Be agile enough to continuously take in feedback to improve the product is essential.
- Ensure high performance, motivation and productivity within the teams
- Groom future leaders by continually investing in the personal and professional growth of talents in EngageRocket.
Product Planning and Technical Vision
- Develop technical aspects of the company’s strategy to ensure alignment with its business goals
- Represent the company’s technology agenda in meetings with key stakeholders and when making technical hiring decisions
- Maintain current knowledge of technology landscape and develop deep working relationships with leading platforms and partners
- Take initiative in thought leadership, innovation and creativity
- Oversee all system design and changes in system architecture
- Provides feedback into the resources (headcount, equipment) needed to deliver by a given date
- Have a strong command of the software development process
- Excellent understanding of Agile Foundation
- Solid understanding of our business goals
- Maintain a good balance between morale and output
- Maintain composure while navigating the chaos of customer issues, feature requests, integration requirements etc.
- Adopt effective metrics to track progress and performance
- Min of 12 years working in a technological role and 8 years managerial experience
- Advanced technological skill set and a demonstrated history with technology
- Exceptional team management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Ability to delegate effectively
- Extensive industry knowledge with an eye towards the future
- In-depth knowledge of web systems architecture, design and development
- Hands on experience with complex project management
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Application: Ruby on Rails + React.
- Infrastructure: Heroku + Postgres + Redis + Sidekiq